Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Don't Know How To Sort It All Out

Blogger Friend writes..
I've asked for your advice before, and it really helped! :). But I have a lot going on right now, and it isn't helping my stress factor. I'm a freshman in high school and this is pretty much my list:
• I'm trying out for pom at my high school, and I'm not getting the kind of support I'd like
• There's a lot of pressure from my mom for me to lose weight for my sister's wedding that is in May
• My best friend almost lost her purity to someone who was just using her, and I don't what to tell her
• and finally, my feelings for my best guy friend are so strong that I don't even know what to classify it as. My parents told me I'm too young to feel like I'm in love, but I really feel like I am.

I know that's a lot, and that there are people so much worse off than I am, and God has blessed me so much, but I don't know how to sort all of this stuff out that I'm going through.

Trophy of Grace replies..
I am so glad that our advice helped you and that you are back for more counsel. Thank God for this help because it is His Word that gives us the ability to give you wise counsel. May the Lord give me the Words to speak to you this evening. In Jesus name…Amen.

I can see why you feel overwhelmed. You seem to have a lot of things going on. The first thing I would do is remember that it is not God’s will for you to feel bogged down under all of these concerns. He doesn’t want you being anxious, worried, and confused. I am sure of this because the following scriptures say:

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

“Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” 1 Peter 5:7

The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Psalm 32:8

The first thing that I suggest that you do when you are starting to feel overwhelmed by your problems is remember the Word of God and speak the Word out loud. Confess what the Word says, “I will not be anxious for anything. I do not have to worry because I know that you will work everything out Lord for my good. I don’t need to worry because you care for all of my needs. You are helping me and directing my steps. You are leading me down the right path for my life. I will not stress out. Help Lord to make wise decisions all areas of my life. I trust Your Word. In Jesus name..Amen.”

Then I would suggest listening to some good Christian music to lift your spirit. Once you have gotten your mind under control and you have that peace which surpasses all understanding protecting your mind and heart; you can better deal with your problems. Some things the Lord will help you go through and others you will just have to leave in the Lords hands and allow Him to deal with it.

About your specific issues:

• Perhaps you can talk to one of your guidance counselors regarding what you are trying to accomplish in school. Before you go in to speak with them pray and ask our Lord to give you the words to speak and favor with the counselor. Remember to pray that His will be done and trust Him.
• I’m sure your mom means well. If you are over weight then you should ask the Lord to help you to lose weight. If you are overweight, you are more likely to develop health problems, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and the list goes on. Do some research online and check out weight charts to see where about your weight should be based on your height and age. Don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed with this issue. You may just need to develop better eating habits and start an exercise routine. From now until May you have time some weight. Just be disciplined. I think you should do it for yourself though. Allow the wedding to just be a motivator. You may also consider talking to your mom and letting her know that you feel pressure. Maybe she thinks that she is supporting you and does not mean to pressure you. Try talking to her. Maybe she will work out with you.

On the other hand if your weight is where it should be then don’t allow yourself to be told that you need to lose weight. Too many girls do awful things to lose weight because they feel that they need to be skinner. If you are not overweight and you are healthy then be happy. Let your mom know that you are comfortable with your weight. Pray before going to speak with her.
• I most certainly think you should talk with your girlfriend about your concern and of course pray for her. Be honest with her. Her purity is a precious gift that she will live to regret giving away to anyone except her husband. She will decide for herself what she will want to do. We all have to make our own decisions and we will most certainly reap whatever it is we sow. Pray for her without ceasing. But if you say nothing then you are doing her an injustice. We all need accountability.
• I don’t think that you are too young to have these feelings. I believe that you probably are feeling like you’re in love. However, you have to learn to not allow yourself to be lead by your feelings. Boys at this point in your life will just serve as distractions. Focus on your schooling. Focus on your relationship with the Lord. He is the Lover of your soul. Allow Him to be your source of joy and happiness. One day you will meet the man for you and if it is your best friend then only time will tell. Don’t ignore your feelings you just need to make them submit to the Word of God and run from anything that would cause you to sin. 2 Timothy 2:22 says “Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love, [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22 (Amplified Bible)

If this relationship is going to cause you to have impure or lustful thoughts then you may need to spend some time apart from him until you can get your emotions under control. Trying a time of prayer and fasting about it. Let the Lord know that you do not want to be consumed by your emotions. You will see that He will help you practice self control. If you think that you can keep on like this you are deceiving yourself. Don’t fool yourself. You have to throw anything off that will hinder your relationship with the Lord.

I hope this helped..We are here for you no matter what. You can come back as many times as you want, as often as you’d like. We are here to serve you sister.

May God be glorified in your life.

In Christ Jesus love,

Trophy of Grace