Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Too Much Emotional Drama

MySpace Friend writes..

Its been a while since i asked for advice ... but i am only a teenager.. i cant help it ... i have a problem that every teenager deals with and its hard to rid of.. but i am trying and i dont know where ...or how to start..so i need help... I used to be so centered around God about 3 years ago ... i havent let go... but i have fallen back some steps and its hard to catch up ... but my problem is ... that i bring- cause alot of drama between myself and world... not physically emotionally its taking its toll on me.. i am only 19 years old... and i kno i am not alone in this ... the smallest things cause me to have a total emotional break.. not crazy is what i keep telling my self and i have lots of love and suport of my family ... they give me the advice to just live and get over it .... stop worrying .. things are gonna happen according to God anyways mine as well live for now... my mind set is alway future.. which causes me stress/ and always getting panic attacks ... its starting tho to affect this Man i am in love with ... he cant emotionally take what i dish out .. it over rides all my Good and potiential and it stresses me out but according to him ... he still loves me no matter what ...lol even if he has to put me in a padded room ...jk but still its something i am not sure how to deal with .. i am very open to ppl .. but they are so closed... to all my drama cuz i have so much of it EMOTIONALLY not physically i wouldnt ever openly display this emotion .... i want to rid all the bad and negative i have ... its just i have gotten mixed up in all the wrong crowds i am finding my way out of these accustoms i developed not even knowing that who i was becoming ... i know this must make me sound like a bad person... but i dont want to lose all thats good and that i have ... and my emotions are about draining me and everyone around me ... I need help ... i dont wants shrinks or anything that crazy ... Cuz i am not crazy i just want advice on how to deal with this like every other teenager ... BECAUSE ITS HARD LIVING THE LIFE OF A TEENAGER ....

many thanks :
hopefully you can help me unstress my emotional attachment to all the things that makes it hard

Trophy of Grace replies..

We are here to help you sister. We know its hard being a teenager and that’s why we started this ministry to reach out and help whoever was willing to ask. You can come to us any time you want. It is our pleasure to serve you. We are glad that you have come back.

Let me immediately encourage you by telling you that Jesus loves you so much. He has not left you or forsaken you in anyway. Our heavenly Father has been waiting for you to come home. He says, “Return, my backslidden child, And I will heal your backslidings. I will love you freely, For my anger has turned away from you. Remember therefore from where you have fallen and repent. My kindness to you is meant to lead you to repentance” (Jeremiah 3:22, Hosea 14:4, Revelation 2:4-5, Romans 2:4-6)

Everything that you are saying regarding your emotional condition, stress level, and your choices in friends/associates I believe is a result of pulling away from the Lord and His will for your life. You are producing negative results and bad fruit in your life. It is affecting you and others all around you. You need to find peace and joy again. You have to come back to God. In Him is the fullness of joy. Praying and reading the Word will bring you the peace you so desire.

If you will repent and turn back to the Lord He will heal your mind. His Word will renew your mind. He does not want to you to be conformed to this world thinking and acting like the ungodly. You are a child of the Most High God and should live your life pleasing to Him. This is the least that we can do after all He has done for us.

The medicine you need is the Word of God. If you will meditate on it instead of the thoughts of stress and worry you will find freedom and peace. Worry and anxiety will open the door to the spirit of fear to come in and torment you. You have to resist worry and learn to trust in the Lord with all of your heart, leaning not on your own understanding. If you will acknowledge Him and seek Him and His way in all areas of your life He will be faithful to direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

If you know that you have made unhealthy or bad friendships then get away from these people. Ask the Lord to help you find friendships that will glorify Him and that will help you stay close to Him. Get back to church and get involved in your youth group. You need accountability from other believers. You may want to seek counsel from one of your local youth leaders or pastors. That is what the body of Christ is here for.
I leave you with these scriptures. Please meditate on them and do not ignore my counsel. The Lord is calling you back. Don’t ignore Him. He wants to do mighty things in your life if you will only trust Him with your mind and heart. Allow Him to make all of your crooked paths straight. You will see Him do a new thing in your life.

God bless you sister..

“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:4-5

“I will hear what God the Lord will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints; But let them not turn back to folly.” Psalm 85:8

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:3-4

“For the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

In Christ Love,

Trophy of Grace