Thursday, June 12, 2008

In A Relationship for 3 years, But I Like Girls


B asks..Let me tell you my situation. I have a boy friend that I have been with for 3years and I love him so much. We have a baby girl and she is my world, but I also like girls. I mean I really do a whole lot and I dont know what to do?


Answer..In your heart you must know that being a lebsian is not God's will for your life. He designed you to be with a man. That is why he blessed you with that beautiful baby. These desires are not ones that you were born with no matter how far back they go. This is an issue that many girls & women struggle with today. You are not alone. Society has made it seem like homosexual behavior is acceptable and normal. It is not..God has a better plan for your life.


If you surrender your life, your will, and your desires to Jesus he will make you a new creature. He can make you a vessel of honor if you let him, but you have got to seek God's help on this. My suggestion would be for you to pray-talk directly to God about these desires. He is faithful to hear our prayers. He wants to listen to you. He will give you all of the resources and guidance you need to defeat this temptation. I know you want help or else you would not have asked.


There is a website called Exodus International. They are the largest information and referral ministry in the world addressing homosexual isses. Here is a link where you can read real stories of other women who have battled the spirit of homosexuality. Take a moment and read some the stories and you will see that you are not alone. http://exodus.to/content/blogcategory/25/148/

One of my favorite scriptures is 1 Corinthians 10:13 and I love the way it reads in my bible because it reminds me that I am not alone in the temptations that I fight. It says, "But remember this-the wrong desires that come into your life aren't anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it; for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation's power so that you can bear up patiently against it."I hope this helps..I will be praying for you.