Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is He The Guy For Me?


JESUSGIRL18 asks.. I just wanted to talk about waiting for the right guy. How do you know a guy is right for you? There's this guy in Africa he said he was Christian and he gave his life to Christ but my mom says he just saying that. So do I keep on waiting for the right guy that God has for me or do I just talk to the Africa guy that is a Christian?

Answer..Well..the first thing I would do is pray about it. Straight up ask God if this is the man for you. James 1:5 says,"If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you, for he is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask him; he will not resent it." I have found in my own walk with God that if something is for me then it becomes so clear that it is truly mine because He sent it to me. However, if it is not for me God is faithful to remove it from my path. JESUSGIRL18 lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Your mom said that he is just saying that he is a Christian. You should really evaluate for yourself whether or not he is really a Christian. Anybody can say they are a Christian but if a person does not do what Jesus tells them to do they are a liar. Anyone who says he is a Christian should live as Christ did. (1 John 2:4-6) You don't want to ever find yourself unequally yoked to an unbeliever. You want a man who loves God just as much as you do and hopefully more because then you know He will long to please God by taking good care of you.

Sincerely

Trophy of Grace