Friday, June 13, 2008

He's Back, What Do I Do?


Strongatheart Asked... Last summer I went out with this guy and we were close but then he broke it off in a really mean way. Now I have a boyfriend, who I'm not so sure about and I saw that guy the other night and we had fun. It was like nothing had ever happened and he even apologized. Now I can't stop thinking about him and I don't know what to think. I'm very confused about everything. Have any advice on the situation?


Answer... Being in a relationship is serious and should not be taken lightly. A relationship is an agreement between you and another person to support each other emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. In my own experience in situations like this, I realized that it was an opportunity for me to forgive and move on.

Running into an ex is always a doozy because old emotions usually stir up. You remember the good times you had and picture yourself back in that place. But you have to remember that relationship took its path and you’ve moved forward since then. Consider your past relationship(s) as “lessons learned.” What did you learn about yourself from the relationship? As far as your ex… because it had ended on a sour note, you should consider his apology closure for you. One of God’s blessings is forgiveness and He’s given you the opportunity to forgive and forget. Because God forgives us even when we’ve ignored Him, we should forgive others. God gave you the opportunity to see him again in order to forgive him.

• Accept the apology
• Appreciate the friendship you had
• Know that things aren’t left on a sour note now (closure)
• Remember what you’ve learned about yourself through this and use it for future friendships

Something you shouldn’t forget to take into consideration is that the decisions you make not only affect you but they affect the people around you as well. If you seek God and his will for your life first, he’ll send the right person for you. (Matthew 6:33) Pray for clarity - for a clear mind and heart, as we will pray for you too.