Monday, September 1, 2008

I Want To Be Saved


MySpace Friend asks: How did you become saved? I always have wanted to be saved, but there's this thing that I've been doing and its hard me to stop.

Response: Well..I have been saved for about 13 years, but I was not surrendered to the Lord. When I realized that my life was a mess and that I was on the wrong path I knew that I needed a Savior. I asked Jesus to be my Savior but I did not start really having a relationship with Him until I was sentenced to prison almost 12 years ago. I started reading the bible alot and I realized that God had good plans for me and that I could be a new and different person with His help and Holy Spirit. You can read my story in our blog section on our myspace..or you can click this link.. http://weused2bu.blogspot.com/2008/05/tropy-of-graces-testimony.html

As far you wanting to be saved..All you have to do is believe, repent, and confess Jesus and you will be saved.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (Romans 10:9-10, 1 John 1:9)

As far as whatever is keeping you from accepting Jesus. You will find that as you learn to know God more by reading His Word, praying, and going to church; you will learn to love Him. Loving Him will make you want to obey Him. Plus He gives you the power to obey Him and the way out of temptation when we feel like we just can't resist it. (1 Corinthians 10:13) Don't let anything stop you from coming to Jesus. One day He will return for His people to take them away and save them from the judgement that is going to come upon this wicked and sinful world. You don't want to be left behind..trust me..

Sincerely,

Trophy of Grace


Have a question or topic idea?
Read Scriptures by Subject
Read our counselors' testimonies