Thursday, April 2, 2009

You Are Not Alone


MySpace Friend says..

So I went to church last night, and I haven't been going for a while. I prayed and prayed, begged him for forgivness, and if he would come into my heart... last night I didnt feel it he still wasnt there in my heart.. and I want it more then anything at this moment of time. I need it. I don't know what to do anymore, please tell me something? ♥

Daugther of Destiny replies..

My dear sister in Christ,

I know what its like not having any friends. When I was first saved a lot of my friends started to separate themselves from me. Some told me I had a "too good for you attitude" I didnt mind at first because I was a "new creation in Christ". The old me did just die and a new creation was born. I was truly comforted by John 15:18. Jesus tells his disciples that if the world hates you, remember that it hated me first.

But awhile back I did stumble. It was only last Easter that I re-dedicated myself to the Lord. And like you at first I didnt feel any miraculous transformation. But then again the Lord gave me another word. It was Matthew 17:20. Jesus again tells them if you have the faith as small as a mustard seed you can move mountains. All around me I saw Him. In my children. The change in my husband. When I was having a bad day strangers showed kindness. I believe that the Lord was letting me know in his own way that He loves me. He is always thinking of me.

It was only when i truly, I mean with my whole heart, asked Him for forgiveness that I started to feel Him. When I would go to church and worship Him, I felt Him with me. When my 4 year old daughter prays to Him I feel Him. Even now my sister as I type this to you, He guides my hands with the words to comfort while He consoles you. I believe that.

So I tell you, if you truly repented for your sins you are a new creation. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 5:7, We live by faith not by sight. You are not alone. You belong to the most high God. You are His child now. He can help you and He will. After all he lead you to us...

You are never alone. You have us and the Lord will bring along others.

P.S.

Visit this link 10 Principles for New Christians