Monday, June 2, 2008

My BFF's Hate Each Other

Anonymous said...

I have 2 really good best friends that hate each other. It's hard 2 just hang out with 1 and not the other. They always get mad at me. I just don't know what 2 do please help me.




Answer: The first thing I would suggest is talking to each friend separately. Tell them honestly how you feel. Explain that it hurts you that they are fighting and that you do not want to be put in the middle of it. The problems that they have with one another should not involve you. Try to encourage them to resolve their differences, forgive each other, and
move on.

If after speaking to them they still do not respect your requests then you should really pray about whether you seperate yourself from them. You want to have friends that are going to be understanding, positive, and peaceful. Nobody needs extra drama and conflict in their life.

Pray about the situation. Ask God to touch your friends’ hearts and help them to forgive one another. Pray about whether or not you should remain friends with them. He will hear your prayers and answer them.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, 5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

I hoped this helped you. You and your friends are in my prayers. Trophy of Grace


Have a question or topic idea?
Read Scriptures by Subject
Read our counselors' testimonies