Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm 13. My mom won't let me have a boyfriend.


Anonymous said.. I am thirteen years old. A boy in school asked me to be his girlfriend. My mom says that I am not allowed to start dating or have a boyfriend until I am sixteen. I feel like I am mature enough to have a boyfriend now. I don’t understand why I have to wait. I feel like she is being over protective and treating me like a baby. I don’t want to disobey her or God but I really like this boy. What should I do?


Answer: You are a precious and beautiful child of God. Don’t you worry! God has a wonderful plan for you life. When the time is right and when you are ready He will send the perfect man for you into your life.

At thirteen years you are just starting to become a woman. Your body is changing and your hormones are going crazy. Allow yourself time to grow and mature before you put yourself in a situation that you are not ready for. By starting to have boyfriends at such an early age you are opening the doors to so many additional temptations. There is enough on your plate with all the other peer pressure that you will begin to experience soon, if you have not already. Keep your focus on your studies.

Respect and honor your mother’s rule. You will thank her later. Most of all trust God and ask him to help you honor your mother’s request. He will give you the words you need to let this boy down gently. I pray you do the right thing.
Read:Galations 6:9