Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why Would God Bring Him Into My Life Just To Tear Him Away?


MySpace Friend says...

Hi.
I'm a freshmen, 15 years old.
I've never done anything with a boy. Never kissed one. Never dated one.
I've hugged guy friends but that's it.
I prayed to god that i wanted a real friend I could talk to that would make me happier cause sometimes i get depressed for no reason.
But when i'm happy, life's amazing.
So i did meet this boy a little bit later.
He's nice and when i'm down he always cheers me up and he's just a great friend.
then I got a crush on him.
And i have had one for a long time.
Sometimes he did things that made me think he likes me back.
But when i looked at who he really was, he's so popular.
All these girls in my school like him...ALOTTA girls.
He's only been in 2 relationships.
But now i look at it and i'm like...how would i ever have a chance with him. He doesn't like me back.
So i went to friends for advice. My christian best friend told me that i should just take it slow and give it time.
And i prayed to god about it, and that's something just came to me, that i need to give it more time.
But..it's so hard.
now i don't know.
i don't think he likes me...i think were getting further...andi think i'm just another friend that's a chick he knows.
I really like him
Why would god bring him into my life..if he was just planning to rip him out?
That happened once before with the first boy i pretty much ever knew.
I got close, then he just kinda left my life, and i was broken. it took me half a year to get over him.
now when i see him i think he's annoying, he's a good guy and i feel bad saying that, but its true.
Is there hope....do you think? i'll get taken somewhere with this guy?
I think there's hope..but i'm looking for reassurance and that's something i know probibly only god can give me..
but why's it so hard....why am I hurting..
Time hurts and i pray every night that god leads me somewhere.
and i don't know.
There's in's and out's of things.
And recently it's been out after out after out..
i wanna stay faithful...but its hard..
hah. geez.
Any advice?

Trophy of Grace replies..

My advice is to stop looking for a guy take you some where. Stop looking for a relationship. When the time is right the Lord will bring the right guy to you. You will see. Focus instead on growing and maturing into the woman of God that He wants you to be. He has such wonderful plans for your life. You truly have no idea. He is the One that desires to have a relationship with like none of these boys have ever desired. Our God is faithful, loving, patient, kind, and understanding. He wants you to know just how special you are to Him. (Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Corinthians 2:9)

He thinks about us day and night. I love sharing this scripture with many readers because I think it’s important that we realize just how much we are really on His mind. If we could really get this then we would trust Him with EVERYTHING in our lives.

King David said..

“ How precious are your thoughts about me,[O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!” Psalm 139:17-18

He is not putting these guys in your life to tear them away. Sometimes guys are a distraction put there to keep us further away from God. One girl wrote in once that ever since she had a boyfriend that she felt that her relationship with God got distant. Anything that pulls us away from God is not of God. Here’s her Q & A http://weused2bu.blogspot.com/2009/03/when-i-had-boyfriend-my-relationship.html in case you want to read it.

Put your focus on building your relationship with the Lord. Get to know Him and His will for your life and you will not go wrong. He will direct your every step and guide you all the days of your life. (Psalm 37:23) But you have to desire to truly believe in Christ Jesus, His Word, and His Will. Once we come to accept that our way is no good and that God is on our side trying to lead us down the right path for our life, then it is not as hard to be faithful to Him. We still will make mistakes. We will fall down. But our hearts’ desire will be to follow Him and serve Him. He sees our hearts’ desires and is merciful to help us and not lose His patience with us. His kindness is always meant to lead us to repentance. (Romans 2:4)

So draw closer to the Lord and He will draw closer to you. (James 4:8) He will give you strength to overcome temptation. He will provide a way out when you feel like you can’t take it any more. (1 Corinthians 10:13) He will comfort you and give you His peace as you trust His Word. (Philippians 4:6-7) He will renew your mind when you read and meditate on His Word. (Romans 12:2) He promises that He will always hear your prayers, that when you call out to Him that you will find Him if you seek Him with all of your heart. (Jeremiah 29:12-13) You are not alone my friend many of us have been through similar circumstances. Many of us have learned that when we’ve put Jesus first in our lives everything else falls into place. Our lives are not perfect but we know that He is faithful to help us in our times of need. He never leaves us or forsakes us. (Hebrews 13:5)

Let your heart’s desires be to have a loving relationship with your Creator, the One who would die for you all over again. We will be praying for you my sweet sister.

With Love,

Trophy of Grace