Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He Dominates My Thoughts


Anonymous says...

Hi Guys, I posted a couple of months ago about my ex-boyfriend now going out with my sisters best friend. Thanks for the advice it helped me a lot :)

But I have another dilema, recently me and my ex have been getting on better when we're in a group being able to talk to eachother and have a laugh. His new girlfriend is never around (she attends a different church) and he's openly admitted they are very busy & don't see eachother much. I still love him - as much as I ever did (we've been split a year) and I still find myself crying over him, wanting to text him & dreaming about him! I have tried so hard & prayed a lot about the situation but things aren't getting any easier. Recently I have been thinking about maybe telling him how I feel as he doesnt no i still love him...Ive been praying for my feelings to be removed or for patience if we are meant to be together but I'm not getting either. I feel life is to short to chance wasting the relationship with the person I love. If he was single i would have no hesistation telling him, but is it selfish of me to tell him, or even just stupid? He dominates my thoughts everyday & I don't know how to get over it! I could never imagine myself with someone else and when i think of his relationship with another girl I feel sick! Do you think its possible that we are meant to be together and he's ignoring his feelings? If God meant for us to be together would we be apart for this time, I no God's ways are above ours and he has everything in his control but I just don't know whats going on anymore. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank - you.

Beloved By Him replies...

You can’t expect your feelings to change when all you are thinking about is him! Proverbs 23:7 says, “As he thinks in his heart, so is he.” You are allowing yourself to be consumed with thoughts and questions about him, which will never give you peace or the right perspective you need to make wise decisions. Instead of asking God to reveal His will and then waiting and trusting Him to do it, you’re like a wave tossed around by the sea of your emotions! (James 1:6) Allowing your emotions, instead of your faith in God, to become the focus of your life is idolatry, which is covetousness (Col. 3:5, Heb. 13:5).

That’s one of the key issues in this situation. You want what you don’t have; you’re not satisfied with what the Lord has given you. Do you really believe that the Lord would keep something (or someone) from you if it (or he) was good for you? No! The Lord knows how to give good gifts to those who ask Him (Matt. 7:11). If the Lord has not blessed this relationship, it’s because He has something else in mind for you that right now you won’t see or understand (Is. 55:8, 64:4, I Cor. 2:9), but has your best interests in mind (Rom. 8:28). He is perfectly trustworthy to do the right thing at the right time in your life, and you would be wise to trust in Him, instead of being like the clay who told the potter, “What are you doing?” (Ps. 18:30, Is. 45:9).

Please turn your heart, and your focus, back to the Lord. When we have our minds focused on Him, He keeps us in perfect peace (Is. 26:3). You need to change your thinking from “What if?” to what you know is true, noble, virtuous, and right (Phil. 4:8). When you’re tempted to let your mind wander into the unknown, take those thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ and His word (II Cor. 10:4-5). You don’t ever want a man or a relationship in your life to take precedence over your desire to serve the Lord and be about His business, especially as a single young woman. Singleness is a special time in life when you should have your heart set on the things of the Lord (I Cor. 7:32-34). The Bible says that those who are faithful in the small things will be faithful in the big things as well (Luke 16:10). If you will be faithful to honor God with your thoughts and desires, your hopes and your dreams, then I know that He will reward you greatly with the desire of your heart (Ps. 37:4, Heb. 11:6).

Sincerely,

Beloved By Him