Monday, February 9, 2009

Consumed By Fear


Anonymous said...

HI I AM 18 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE A PROBLEM. I LOVE LIFE BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FEAR. I AM 18 YEARS OLD AND I STILL DONT HAVE MY DRIVERS PERMIT OR A LICENCE. WHY? BECAUSE ITS FEAR. EVERY SINCE I WAS YOUNG I HAVE HAD THIS FEAR. ITS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT I CAN'T EVEN GO TO THE STORE WITH OUT HAVING MY CELL PHONE TO MY EAR AS A DISTRACTION. I HAVE TO TALK TO SOMEONE TO NOT FOCUS ON THE FEAR.

I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON. NEXT YEAR I AM SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO COLLEGE, BUT HOW CAN I WITH THIS FEAR OF UNCERTAINTY? I HAVE NO MONEY FOR COLLEGE. I HAVE NO JOB. I JUST FEEL SO STUPID. I SEE ALL OF MY FRIENDS MOVING UP IN LIFE AND I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE POINT WHERE I DON'T GO OUT OF THE HOUSE. ONLY REALLY IS FOR SCHOOL AND IF I HAVE SOMEONE WITH ME TO GO SOMEWHERE. I JUST FEEL SO ALONE ON THIS THING.

MY MOM DOES NOT UNDERSTAND I TOLD HER ABOUT THE FEAR AND SHE JUST PRETTY MUCH SHRUGGED IT OFF. EACH DAY I FIND MYSELF GROWING DEEPER INTO DEPRESSION AND THE FUNNY PART ABOUT THIS IS I AM A CHRISTIAN. I HATE THIS. I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE THIS IS THE END OF THE ROAD FOR ME. SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPION AT THIS POINT THOUGH, BUT IT'S GETTING CLOSE.

HOW CAN I MINISTER TO MY FRIENDS AND OTHER TEEN GIRLS LIKE MYSELF WHEN I AM GOING THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN I HAVE FELT SO ALONE TODAY

Trophy of Grace replies..

The first scripture that comes to mind is 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind”. This spirit of fear that is oppressing you is not what God has intended for you to walk in. He wants you to walk with the Holy Spirit. When you allow yourself to be lead by the Holy Spirit, submitting every thought and emotion to Him you will see that the power of the Holy Spirit will give you a sound mind.

I am not sure if what you are experiencing is an inherited weakness or physical condition, but the one thing I am sure of is that when we put our hope, faith, and trust in Jesus Christ we are never disappointment. We can overcome anything through faith in Christ Jesus.

I used to suffer terribly from anxiety and fear of the unknown. I worried all the time. I spent so much time listening to all the bad thoughts and worrisome words that would pop in my mind instead of listening to the Word of God. At times I would feel crippled.

I know you feel like you are alone but you are not. The Lord is always with you. He says, “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

You have to take these fearful thoughts captive. Don’t allow them to rule over you. You don’t have to be a slave to fear. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. As a child of God we may boldly say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me? I know that all things work together for my good because I love God and He has a purpose for me.” (Romans 8:15-16, Hebrews 13:6, Romans 8:28)

This is a time where you have to run to God for refugee. Run to the Word of God. The Word of God gives us hope and courage. He confirms over and over again that we are not alone and that He never leaves us. You have to fight this attack with the Word of God. Here are some scriptures on fear that you can start meditating on. Just click the link below.

Scriptures on Fear

Also I would suggest that you seek help from your church. Don’t try to go through this alone. That is exactly what the enemy wants. He wants us to be like the little lost or sick sheep that wanders off all alone. When he sees us alone and helpless, away from the flock and the Shepard, he attacks us suddenly. Be strong and courageous. Seek wise counsel from someone locally that will be able to help and encourage you with the Word of God.

One last thing, a Word that the Lord kept giving me when my mind was under severe attack was, “The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness”. I heard this over and over and I searched and found it in Isaiah 61:3. Immediately I got it..I realized that I needed to block the negative thoughts, words, and accusations that keep attacking me with music. I began walking around the house with my ipod on listening to praise and worship sometimes all day. The Word of God did not return void. Every time I listened to the music the spirit of heaviness or despair would leave me.

I suggest you try this. Listen to some good praise and worship. Praise the Lord at all times no matter what.

Don’t take this attack lightly my friend. Run to the Word. Run to other strong believers and have them pray with you and help you. Please stay in contact with us and let us know how you’re doing. If you have to write us daily that is fine. We are here for you..

In the Love of Christ Jesus,

Trophy of Grace