Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We Were Close But Now We're Not Friends


Anonymous said...

I was really close friends w/ this girl. And now we are no longer friends. We're in the same college, we came together and I don't really know anyone. I feel like she purposely ignores and exclude me. I never thought I would have insecurities and self esteem problems. But I know this is what’s causing me to become w/drawn and sometimes depressed because I feel so alone. When my ex-friend is not around I feel like my happy, bubbly self. But if she's whispering and laughs I feel like she's laughing at me. Or if we're in the same room I won't make eye contact with her and feel less like my self. I consider my self to be very confident, strong, and opinionated. But lately I feel so weak, like I have a flaw in my character that makes me unlikable. Can you give me some scripture and advice?

Trophy of Grace replies..

I want to immediately encourage you by saying that you are NOT alone! God is with you and He will never leave you or forsake you. He wants you to be strong and courageous. These are times for you to lean even more on Him. He promises that if you will draw close to Him that He will draw close to you. He hears your prayers and knows that you are hurt.

Don’t allow yourself to sit and try to imagine what your old friend is saying. It doesn’t matter anyways. If she is talking about you what can you really do about it? People are going to talk about us. They talked about Jesus and persecuted Him. They even referred to Him as the devil. Don’t be surprised when you are talked about. We have to learn to pray for those that persecute us.

Jesus said, “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,” Matthew 5:44

Pray for the Lord to bring you friendships that will be good for you. He will answer your prayer. You will make new friends. Don’t believe the lie that you have some character flaw. God gave us our personalities while He was forming us in our mother’s womb. You are who you are on purpose. God planned it like that. He will bring you friends that are going to love for who you are and they are going to love your character.

Try not to be depressed. Encourage yourself with the Word of God. Whenever I have had to battle depression I read even more of the Bible, listen to good biblical teaching, and to some good praise and worship.

Here are some good scriptures that encourage me.

Psalm 55:16-18 “As for me, I will call upon God, And the LORD shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, For there were many against me.
Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”

Whenever you need to read scriptures by subject go to this link. We are working on expanding it further, but there are some good ones there now.

Scriptures by Subject

Please stay in touch we are here for you sister.

God bless you and may our Lord give you His peace which surpasses all understanding as you trust and hope in Him.

Sincerely,

Trophy of Grace