Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Wish I Had A Mom!


I wish I had a mom! You see my mom died when I was sixteen years old in a tragic car accident. I wish she were here today so that I could ask her for advice. I know if she were here I could lay on her lap and she would talk with me, listen to me, cry with me, and hold me. I WISH I HAD A MOM! (my heart full of sadness and eyes full of tears)

As the mother of 7 children I long to give my children all the love that I did not get from my mother because she was taken from me when I was so young. As a godly mother raising godly children; I encourage my children to live their lives and set their standards based on the Word of God. I am loving and tough on them all at the same time because I want the best for their lives. I am determined to keep them on the narrow road that leads to Life and off the wide path that most take, that leads to death. I won’t allow them to settle for anything less than their best. I express to them the importance as Christians that we must live our lives to please God and not man. This is an expression of our love for Christ and a show of appreciation for dying on the cross for our sins. I wish I had a mom to do this for me.

Don’t take your mom from granted. You are blessed to have her. She can teach you many things if you will let her. When she scolds and corrects you it is for the best. When she tells you “No” it’s for your own good. She is not trying to keep anything from you. When she says not now be patient and trust her the time is not right.

There will be so called friends that will try to lead you down the wrong path and away from your mother’s loving instructions. Stay away from them! They are just a tool in the hands of the enemy. The enemy is trying to get you away from the safety of your mother’s watchful eye so that he can attack you and give you over to the world to be abused, consumed, and left for dead.

Don’t be so quick to say that she doesn’t understand. She hasn’t told you everything that she has been through, only what you can handle for now. She has a lot of secrets. One day she may even share them with you. You might not think she can relate, but you never know she may have been there and done that.

I never thought about losing my mom. I thought that she would always be there. I am sad to say that I treated my mother terribly. I hurt her so much. (tears) I was full of rebellion. She said “no”, I said “yes”. She’s said, “You’re not going!” and I’d go anyways. Every chance I got I disobeyed her. I regret it all. I did not see how much she loved me. I would complain about the long hours she worked, never appreciating her sacrifice of love. I did not see how strong she was and how much she loved me, until it was too late. I wish she were here now.. I wish I had my mom..

Your mom is a gift from God. She is not perfect, but she’s yours. Appreciate her and show her love and respect. Pray for her all the time. Don’t just tell her you love her, show her. Honor your mom with how you choose to live your life.

From my heart with love,