Monday, August 11, 2008

Internet Love


Anonymous Asks:
Hey. Well Im having a difficult time right now. Im not really sure what to do. I had an internet boyfriend from England, and I have never met him, but we did the whole web cam, and talked on the phone a few times. I managed to fall pretty hard for him. We argued a lot of the time, but we still cared about each other enough to use the word love. I was upset with him, and he decided he would end it for me, because I refused to because I still loved him. Anyway I went to see a friend of mine for the first time,and he only lives a couple hours from me. I really started liking this guy, and I thought things were over with my bf. Nothing happened between me and the other guy. My now ex, wants me back.I really care about him a lot...soo much, he even has a couple of interviews a couple states away from me to be closer, I didn't know this until after we broke it off and I told him about this other guy. Well I really don't know what to do...I had an amazing time with my guy friend, and I think it really has potential. But I really care about my BF and I dont want to hurt either of them. IDK if you know anything about this... it's kinda wild... but advice, would be great if you can help.


ANSWER:
I personally have never had a long distance relationship nor an internet relationship. I know that you may think that you love him but I think that you might be in love with the idea of him. The truth of the matter is that until you actually spend time with someone, face to face, you cant really say that you know them, much less love them.

Regarding the long distance internet b/f, I think you should let him go and move on with your life. Even if he moves a couple of states away its still going to be long distance, which has already proven to be a stressful on your relationship. When you first start off in a relationship spending time together face to face is vital to building strong bonds as well as trust and respect. Also, having a long distance relationship opens the door to a lot of temptation to both of you.

Concerning the other guy I would say be careful. You are in a fragile and vulnerable state. You just broke up with your b/f. You don't want to jump into another relationship on the rebound. I would suggest taking it slow and try to lean towards staying friends with him, rather than start a new relationship. He's also long distance.

My final suggestions would be to date someone closer to home, stop looking for the man, and allow God to bring him to you. You will see that God's ways are much better than ours. You have no idea the good things that God has planned for those that love and obey Him.

I will be praying for God to give you the strength and the wisdom as your making your decision.

Love,
Trophy of Grace

P.S
- The women of WeUsed2bu love and care about your eternal soul. Therefore, we must tell you that there will be a day when each of us will have to stand before God and be judged for all we have done on this earth.
To find out how you can have right standing with God CLICK HERE


Have a question or topic idea?
Read Scriptures by Subject
Read our counselors' testimonies