Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Need Help With My Brother


Hey Girls,
I have a brother that goes through a lot and I try to talk to him about God but it seems like he doesn't want to listen. Sometimes he feels like he wants to commit suicide but he doesn't. I do care about him. What should I do? I think he's gotten therapy. I just wanna know should I continue to talk to him about God and pray for him? He's not on drugs he's only 15. Thanks for your answer..

Response..
For a lot of people, its easier to share our faith with total strangers than someone we know and respect. An easy way to do it is to speak about your own testimony. Rom. 14:12
Share with your brother an example of how God helped you through a situation and because of Him you are freed from that.

Sometimes they don’t receive that message and continue to turn from what your telling them. Know that through you the Holy Spirit speaks and pulls the strings of their heart. Jesus stands at the door knocking always. Revelation 3:20

Continue to pray for them. Our God is a faithful God and always knows the desires of our hearts. He will come through. There are 640 recorded prayers in the bible and 450 answered ones! Remember that prayer has no limits or boundaries. God is always listening. Psalms 65:5

As far as hurting himself, he might be in a situation that he feels helpless in. This may be the only relief that he may think will help. Or the situation may seem impossible for him to get out of. I’m sure he doesn’t want to die as much as he wants to escape what is really going on. At that moment dying may be his only way out. This is all the more reason to continue to pray and continue to talk to him about the love God has for Him.

I’m going to search for some sites that will help you with your brother and help him with his suicide threats. We will be praying for you as always!

The Bible on Suicide

With Love,
Daughter of Destiny


Posted By Daughter of Destiny