Monday, May 12, 2008

Scriptures on Self-Control



Acts 5:29 (Amplified Bible) 29Then Peter and the apostles replied, We must obey God rather than men.


Romans 8:9 (Amplified Bible) 9But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the [Holy] Spirit of God [really] dwells within you [directs and controls you]. But if anyone does not possess the [Holy] Spirit of Christ, he is none of His [he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God].


1 Corinthians 4:3-4 (Amplified Bible) 3But [as for me personally] it matters very little to me that I should be put on trial by you [on this point], and that you or any other human tribunal should investigate and question and cross-question me. I do not even put myself on trial and judge myself.
4I am not conscious of anything against myself, and I feel blameless; but I am not vindicated and acquitted before God on that account. It is the Lord [Himself] Who examines and judges me.


2 Corinthians 5:14 (Amplified Bible) 14For the love of Christ controls and urges and impels us, because we are of the opinion and conviction that [if] One died for all, then all died;


Galatians 1:10 (Amplified Bible) 10Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah).


Colossians 1:10 (Amplified Bible) 10That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].


1 Thessalonians 2:4 (Amplified Bible) 4But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the glad tidings (the Gospel), so we speak not to please men but to please God, Who tests our hearts expecting them to be approved].