Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pray For Your Haters


MySpace friend writes...

Hi Trophy of Grace,

I haven't talked to u in a while. I need some words of encouragement. School hasn't been going too good. Lately I've been feeling down, but i don't know why. I also feel like there are people or a person that suppose to be my friend but actually would rather see me fail.

Trophy of Grace replies..

Good to hear from you my sister. I am sorry that you are feeling down. I can understand that. Sometimes there are times were I find myself feeling a little down and I don’t know why either, but I shake it off by running to God’s presence. I put on my ipod or turn on the tv to the Christian music station and I start encouraging myself in the Spirit. I am telling you have to put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. (Isaiah 61:3)

Regarding the haters that want to see you fail..well honey there will always be haters. Don’t worry about them. Leave them in God’s hands. Pray for those that hate you, curse you, or hurt you. Just turn the other cheek and keep moving. There is no point in even responding a lot of times. A wise woman just told me recently it is better to let the fire go out. So don’t fan the flame. (Matthew 5:43-47) Pray for them remember that every one has their issues, even though it doesn’t give them a right to treat others badly. Just pray for them..

Recently some the women of WeUsed2bu have experienced persecution also. You can imagine what we encounter. Not everyone wants to hear the truth of God’s Word. (John 3:19) You just have to let it roll off of your back. Jesus was persecuted, talked about, lied about, and even called the prince of demons. He said that we will be called even worse names. (Matthew 10:25)

He also said “11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.” (Matthew 5:11-12

So take heart sister..forgive your offenders and let it go. Don’t meditate on the offenses or you will become a slave to unforgiveness and bitterness.

I will be praying for you..

Here’s some articles I thought could help.

Garment Of Praise For The Spirit Of Heaviness
Pray For THem & Leave It In God's Hands

Sincerely.

Trophy of Grace