Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Broke Up But Now He's All Alone


Anonymous said...
My boyfriend and I just recently broke up and I’m taking it pretty hard. Our all too frequent arguments got the best of our relationship which ended in a terrible way. I know that it was something that was going to happen sooner or later because we weren’t obedient to God and we weren’t putting Him first in our lives. I know now that I want to live for the Lord and be obedient to him but I can’t get my now ex-boyfriend out of my head. What really is hurting me is that I know my ex doesn’t have anyone right now. He has no family and no one to encourage his walk with the Lord. I feel that I want to stay in his life to encourage him to seek the Lord but I also think that will make the break-up harder on the both of us and possibly bring us back together when we might need some time apart to develop a closer relationship with the Lord. What should I do?

God's Trophy of Grace said...
I know that what you are going through is hard. So I will be praying for you to recover quickly from this break up. The Lord is merciful and is always ready to comfort us. You are right..this is a time for both of you to draw closer to the Lord. If you haven't already, be sure to increase your prayer time and bible reading time. The Word will be your source of comfort and strength. Put on alot of praise music so that your spirit will be encouraged and uplifted. You will be putting on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Regarding your ex-boyfriend. You must leave him in God's hands. The Holy Spirt will be ministering to him too. You've already received a revelation that trying to comfort and encourage him may not be a good idea. So be obedient to what your spirit is telling you. It is the Lord's job, not yours to care for your ex-boyfriend.

As long as you have a repentant heart and a contrite spirit you are on the right path. The Lord can work with that..

So stay focused and don't let yourself be contaminated by your contacts with the world. Be strong and courageous and in everything put God first.

Praying for you always..

Trophy of Grace
Psalm 51

Have a question or topic idea?
Read Scriptures by Subject
Read our counselors' testimonies